Essencia Family Practice and Immediate Care Clinic
Olusesan Olotu, MD
Family Medicine located in Carrollton, TX
Women have unique health concerns that require individualized care. Essencia Family Practice and Immediate Care Clinic provides that care with the utmost compassion and attentiveness. Their long-standing practice in family medicine makes them women’s health experts, so if you’re looking for a women’s healthcare provider in the Carrollton, Texas area, contact them online or over the phone today.
Women's Health Q & A
What health concerns especially affect women?
Some health concerns are specific to women’s different life stages, such as reproductive health, pregnancy, and menopause. Other health issues shared by men and women — such as heart disease — have a different effect on women than men, so they require a different approach.
Essencia Family Practice and Immediate Care Clinic specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of the following female health concerns:
- Urinary tract infections
- Yeast infections
- Hormone imbalance
- Uterine fibroids
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Menorrhagia, or heavy menstrual bleeding
- Reproductive and breast cancers
Mood disorders — such as depression and anxiety — and domestic violence also tend to be more prevalent among women. Essencia Family Practice and Immediate Care Clinic takes these female-specific concerns very seriously when approaching your health and wellbeing.
What women’s health services are offered?
Essencia Family Practice and Immediate Care Clinic provides preventive care, diagnostic services, and treatment for women, including:
- Birth control, including Skyla®, Mirena®, and Nexplanon®
- STD screening
- Well-woman exam
- Pap smear
- Pelvic exam
- Breast cancer screening
- Aesthetic services
- Depression screening
- Intimate partner violence screening
- Pregnancy testing
- HCG treatment
- Hormone replacement therapy
How can women take care of their health?
Essencia Family Practice and Immediate Care Clinic promotes your participation in your healthcare. Several lifestyle habits give you significant control over your overall health, such as diet and fitness.
Use the following guidelines to give yourself the best prevention against disease:
- Stop smoking: first- and secondhand exposure increases the risk of numerous diseases
- Eat a nutritious diet: unprocessed foods that give you the most vitamins and nutrients
- Exercise: 30 minutes of moderate activity protects against heart and other diseases
- Maintain a healthy weight: a healthy BMI lessens your risk
- Reduce stress: long-term stress worsens or contributes to health conditions
- Breast awareness: get to know what’s normal or not with regular self-exams
- Regular checkups: prevent risk factors before they become a problem
The team at Essencia Family Practice and Immediate Care Clinic provides guidance and counseling to help you stop smoking, eat healthy, start an exercise program, and reduce stress. They also offer a weight loss program to help you achieve a healthy BMI.
To schedule a visit with Essencia Family Practice and Immediate Care Clinic, call their Carrollton, Texas, practice or click the “book now” button to find an appointment online.